Focus on demographic analysis of New York State, its regions, communities and neighborhoods.
New York State Data Center
As a coordinating agency and with funding from the New York State Department of Labor these activities include:
- Research, evaluation and production of population estimates and projections.
- Represent New York State in the US Census Bureau's Federal-State Cooperative Program for Population Estimates (FSCPE) and Projections (FSCPP).
- Supply the Census Bureau with key inputs required for annual estimates of county and municipal population and housing.
- Work collaboratively with the Census Bureau, New York State Data Center, and New York State Office of Information Technology to improve and continuously update the Census Bureau's Master Address File - the key file used as a frame for the American Community Survey and for managing the 2020 Census.
- Provide technical training and assistance on demographic and spatial analysis matters to state, regional and local planning agencies.
- Develop maps and spatial analytic visualizations of Census information in support of the New York State Data Center.
- Maintain a web site with demographic and economic data for New York areas.
NY State Center for Rural Schools
- Maintain a web site with demographic and student performance data for New York school districts.
- Project School District enrollment.
In the past we have worked with State agencies, local governments, non-profit organizations and others to supply them with demographic analyses. Please contact us if you are looking for a partner to provide you with insights in demographic trends for your area of interest.